- Development Background and Purpose
- We developed the high-quality original seismic isolation system to be mounted on Daiwa House seismic isolated residence with aiming at widely expanding use of seismic isolated residence.
- Contents of Development and Results
- Original Seismic Isolation system absorbing earthquake energy effectively
- Normally, the building main body and foundation are locked together by the device for restraining house moving from the wind (called "lock and release device"). A building is firmly fixed approximately up to seismic intensity 4 and doesn't shake by strong wind.
When an earthquake with seismic intensity 5 or higher occurs, the lock by the device for restraining house moving from the wind (called "lock and release device") is released and the the ball bearing with single ball and the pantograph formula rotation friction damper fends off the seismic force from the ground. When shaking stops, the device for restraining house moving from the wind (called "lock and release device") automatically locks the foundation again. A mechanical sensor is used to release the lock when a large earthquake occurs, and it responds to an earthquake during blackout.
The graph shows comparison of indoor shakiness between a non-seismic isolated residence and seismic isolated residence. The shakiness of seismic isolated residence is eighth to eleventh to the one of non-seismic residence.
- Experiment (Video)
- Broadband (high definition)
- Watch the video (400kbps)
- Narrowband (low definition)
- Watch the video (150kbps)
- *Adobe Flash player 8 or subsequent version is required to watch video.
The picture shows the detail of triaxial shaking experiment with using a real-sized seismic isolation residence. (2003.7)