- Background and Purpose of Development
- Damage caused by traffic vibration, such as heavy vehicles on roads and trains on tracks, has become the problem in recent years. Three-story houses with a narrow frontage on busy streets and elevated roads are particularly affected by traffic vibration, and urgent measures have been the issue. Given this factor, the Daiwa House Industry Central Laboratory has undertaken the development of the device that reduces the vibration of buildings.
- Contents of Development and Results
- Original Vibration Control Device DMD
- The traditional TMD (Tuned Mass Damper) consists of a weight and springs, and was only effective for a certain frequency. The Original Vibration Control Device DMD (Duet Mass Damper) almost halves the vibration of buildings by producing a vibration control effect within a wide range of frequency by stacking the weights tandemly.
The illustration is of the structure of DMD.
The picture is of the comparison of the vibration of buildings by express highways.