- Background and Purpose of Development
- We have been studying the creation of homes that go ahead of ubiquitous society such as the near-future housing D’s Smart House, which was inspired by a real life situation. Rusu Moni is the system that monitors the condition of an absence house using a cell-phone, which generated highest interest among other developments.
- Contents of Development and Results
- Main features
- Rusu Moni is the system that checks the status of operation of equipment inside the home and operates them using the internet connection function of the cell-phone.
- The illustration is of the system diagram Basic functions
- Basic functions
- Checks the locking of the door, and locks the door (the lock cannot be unlocked)
- Switches lighting fixtures on or off.
- Turns air-conditioning on or off.
- Monitors the situation inside and outside the rooms by using images.
- Since being launched as the industry first monitoring system, we have revised the whole system so that it can be used more easily in 2006.
- New features
- Improved installation and reduced running costs by the originally developed controller built inside the server.
- No need for a fixed global IP or dynamic DNS (DDNS). It can be used with most providers if there is internet regular connected environment.
- Main functions
Checks the locking of doors from an outside location.If you worry that you may have forgotten to lock the door, you can check it by your cell-phone. The door can be locked if it has been left unlocked.
Operates lighting and air-conditioning before you return home.You can enter the house with peace of mind by turning the lights on before you return. It can also operate the air conditioner.
Checks the condition of pets through the camera.You can check the camera picture by a cell-phone (still image only.)
- Operation screen of door lock, lighting and air conditioner.
- Confirmation screen by a camera.